#Melbourne, Australia / Integration / Full Time
Unmand is a Melbourne based software automation company. Our cloud based platform provides a low code way to eliminate mundane tasks and automate our customers’ most time-consuming processes. Our software can handle the most complicated workflows, while keeping the user in complete control.
#About the Role
We are looking for a thoughtful and self-aware Python backend developer to join our team. You will be part of a small team working with a focus on tight collaboration, reliability and building scalable applications. We embrace change and are progressive adopters of new technologies for our stack. We are open to hiring at a junior or senior level, so if you think you might be a fit, please apply!
#What you’ll do
- Scope, design, build and deploy robust APIs and services, making appropriate tradeoffs between reliability, throughput, latency, resiliency, engineering velocity and cost
- Influence the technical direction of Unmand’s system architecture while balancing business priorities, user needs, and a sustainable technical foundation
- Uphold our high engineering standards and improve our codebase and processes
- Document new products, features, and APIs for external consumption and document standards, guidelines, and best practices for internal use
- Write high quality code. We work mostly in Python and Typescript. However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
#What you'll bring
- A high degree of craftsmanship across code correctness and style as well as attention to higher level design.
- An understanding of the importance of testing and a high standard of care when working with production systems.
- The desire to proactively seek feedback from users, teammates, and subject matter experts in order to create user-first outcomes
- Experience with scaling distributed systems in a rapidly moving environment
- Preference for simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and having a good intuition for what is lasting and scalable
#About the Team
Unmand launched at the beginning of 2020 (hello COVID! Not the most auspicious timing), and we’re growing an average of 100% annually. As a bootstrapped and profitable company, we are beholden to only our customers - with full control over our timelines, budget and product. We have a hybrid work model to give our team the flexibility to manage their commute time and personal lives while still building a strong culture.
If you’re looking for a workplace without politics and have passion, grit, and integrity then you are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out and set you apart, especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.